Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If At First You Don't Succeed LOL and Try, Try Again

Cut out slipper tops, decorated with needle felting, beading, embroidery

Slipper pieces ready to sew

LOL My feet do not look like these!


This was my first attempt to make slippers out of my brown felted wool sweater. I got the directions off the Internet. The process was pretty straightforward, trace your foot, cut a pattern, cut four pieces, sew, etc. Well, I decided to needle felt a butterfly on each top and added some beads and outlined with embroidery. Good plan, but the instructions indicated not to add seam allowance since the wool would stretch....wrong...this wool did not stretch right and they turned out terrible, unwearable. I will cut the design out and use it in another application such as a bracelet or embellishment. LOL and try again. These other pieces will next be turned into a lined purse. This time I bought an instruction booklet with a lot of cute ideas and another slipper pattern. Now I just need another sweater to felt. I combed two thrift stores yesterday and came up empty-handed except for some wool yard swatches.





Try, try again!















Here are snaps from the book I bought, Vivian Peritts is the artist:






Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment